Working with StateBars¶
StateBars are used to add vertical line to any signal edge. The line can dashed or solid and given a label. StateBars could be added to the rising edges of a clock signal to show the state of processor write or read cycle or the current state of a state machine. They are also very handy when aligning and moving edges.
- Select an edge.
- Add Menu -> StateBar or Ctrl-4 or pop-up menu → Add StateBar.
- Enter the parameters in the panel and then hit the Add button.
Selecting and Deselecting¶
- Click in the StateBar name or the line or drag the mouse so the select rectangle contains the StateBar.
- Hold down the Shft key and click on the StateBar names or the line to select multiple StateBars. You can also drag the mouse so the select rectangle contains the StateBars.
- Click in the diagram in an empty area. This deselects all the objects.
- Use the “Esc” key. This also deselects all objects.
- You can also hold down the Shft key and click in the StateBar name or line.
- Double click on StateBar label or select the StateBar then pop-up menu -> edit.
- Change the required parameters in the dialog and then hit the Update button.
- Select the StateBar. Click in the StateBar name.
- Use the Alt and left key combination to move the StateBar back one half cycle.
- Use the Alt and right key combination to move the StateBar right one half cycle.
- Select the StateBar
- Delete key.